March 20, 2017
Spring Road Restrictions are now in effect for Ward 2 (former R.M. of Wallace boundaries).
The Rural Municipality of Wallace-Woodworth Council implements Spring Road Restrictions, coinciding with the onset of Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation Spring Road Restrictions.
In order to reduce damage to municipal roads, the following limits will apply:
- Paved roads – Weight will be limited to 45kg per 10mm of tire width on any one axle assembly.
- Gravel roads – Weight will be limited to 60 kg per 10 mm of tire width on any one axle assembly.
- Speed limit – On all municipal roads will be reduced to 50 kms/hr for the entire duration of Spring Road Restrictions.
- Start Date – Coincides with MIT Spring Road Restrictions, currently March 20, 2017 at 6:00 a.m.
- Proposed End Date – At the discretion of the municipality.
- Spring Road Restrictions will be put into effect for Ward 2 only (formerly the R.M. of Wallace).
Updates on road conditions can be found here.
To receive updates via email, sign up today! Here
Motor carriers and other businesses should plan spring time activities based on these road restrictions.
If hauling is required during road bans, an authorization from the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth is mandatory. Any company or individual wishing to apply for a permit to exceed the weight restrictions must submit the following information:
1. Completed One-Time Use Application for permit to haul on municipal roads during the road restriction season; (Found Here)
2. A detailed map indicating the roads you wish to use, with the points you wish to access clearly marked;
3. $100.00 Administration fee for each haul permit.
Permits will be issued for the first two weeks of Spring Road Restrictions only, no permits will be issued for Drilling Rigs.
Please allow a minimum of two business days for processing your application.
- RM of Wallace-Woodworth (Information/Permits) (204)748-1239
- Transportation Supervisor Jamie Priestley (204)851-7201
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation (204)726-6800
- Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation Permit Services 1-877-812-0009
- RM Updates – www.wallace-woodworth.com
- MIT Updates - www.gov.mb.ca/mit/srr/
- Petroleum Branch - www.gov.mb.ca/iem/petroleum/