Marketing & Communications Summer Student
Prairie Gateway Tourism Board is looking for Student that can effectively assist, develop and lead Marketing and Communication projects and ultimately become a brand ambassador for the region.
Prairie Gateway Tourism encourages, promotes and develops Tourism within the RM of Wallace-Woodworth and Town of Virden including recreational, business, heritage and experiential with a partnership-based approach locally, regionally and provincially.
- Assist with the designing, developing, planning, evaluating and delivering of marketing programs to grow and promote the Prairie Gateway Tourism identity;
- Assist with developing strategic partnerships with industry associations, business, organizations, residents and councils to provide effective marketing programs;
- Create and edit video and photos to conceptualize visual content for a tourism audience;
- Support and contribute to Prairie Gateway Tourism social media and website, creation of blog and/or storytelling posts;
- Help manage and grow social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram and other technologies as identified;
- Assist and research special projects including but not limited to heritage, storytelling board material, tourism packages, experiential tourism opportunities and photo/video shoot locations, promotional material ordering;
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in or demonstrated knowledge of marketing, tourism and hospitality and have an understanding of the RM of Wallace-Woodworth and Town of Virden area;
- Demonstrated experience and passion for social media;
- Knowledge of all MS Office applications, adobe, email and internet;
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Valid Driver’s License
As a Marketing & Communications Summer Student you will gain valuable experience working with community groups, businesses and communication with the public and other government departments.
This opportunity will have an anticipated start date of mid June 2021 to the end of August 2021.
This position is based out of the Town of Virden office but will require some travel within the region.
$15,00/hour for 35 hours week
Apply in writing to:
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted!