Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When are utility charges invoiced in the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth?

  • Areas of the Municipality serviced by piped drinking water are invoiced for water consumption. They are prepared on a quarterly basis.  Wallace Rural Pipeline Customers and Elkhorn Sewer customers are invoiced at the end of March, June, September and December; while Kenton and Woodworth Rural Pipeline Customers are invoiced at the beginning of January, April, July and October.

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?

  • Online: Sunrise Credit Union, Fusion Credit Union, CIBC, RBC Royal Bank and Scotiabank
  • Telpay
  • E-Transfer:
  • Please contact your financial institution for more information.   
  • Please allow 3-5 business days for your payment to be processed.
  • Debit
  • Cash
  • Cheque

Q: When are tax notices sent out?

  • Tax notices are sent out to property owners in June of each year.
  • Supplementary tax notices are sent out in fall of each year.

Q: When are taxes due?

  • Taxes are due October 31 of each year.
  • Added taxes are due on the date specified on the bill.

Q: Am I eligible for the Homeowner’s Tax Assistance credit?

  • You are eligible for the Homeowner’s Tax Assistance credit on the property with your principle residence and you must have occupied the home since January 1st of the applicable tax year.
  • If you are eligible, but did not receive a credit, contact the administration office.
  • Once approved, you do not need to apply on a yearly basis.
  • You can only receive a credit on one residence.
  • If the deadline for applications has passed, you can still receive the credit on your annual income tax return.

Q: Am I eligible for the Farmland School Tax Rebate?

The rebate applies to all Class 30 Assessments of farm land only. Forms will be mailed out to you from your local MASC office. If you did not receive forms, they are available by contacting your local MASC office.

Q: Why does the value of my property get reassessed?

  • Every two years, the provincial assessment office checks to see whether the assessed values of residential and commercial properties in the RM conform to their actual market value.

Q: How do they come up with the assessment value?

  • Generally, by comparing your home to other properties that recently sold in your area of the municipality, provided they're roughly the same vintage, condition and size.

Q: How will I hear about my new assessment value?

  • Any time your assessment changes, you will get a notice via mail in plenty of time before property tax bills are sent out.

Q: I'm not happy with my assessment, what do I do?

  • Contact the Assessment office as soon as possible. If they decide a change is necessary, a supplementary tax bill may be issued.
  • If a satisfactory arrangement is not made, a property owner may appeal their assessment to the Board of Revision later in the year.

Q: How can I appeal my assessment?

  • Each year the Board of Revision (Council) meets and hears appeals from property owners who wish to appeal their assessment.
  • Appeal forms must be sent to the municipal office. The deadline for appeals is announced annually in the local newspapers.

Q: Where can I retrieve more information on a current property tax assessment?

  • The local Assessment Office (Intergovernmental Affairs & Trade) located in Souris, Manitoba.   You can contact them by telephone at 1-866-262-7647. They can provide further detail on your assessment(s).

Q: Who would I need to contact if I would like to search the title of my property?

  • You may contact the Land Titles Office at 1-844-737-5684.

Q: Who may attend Council meetings?

  • Anyone may attend council meetings. If you wish to address Council with a particular matter, you should contact the Municipal Office prior to the meeting to make a provision to have it added to the agenda.

Q: What is the fee for a tax certificate?

  • The fee for a tax certificate is $25.00.

Q: Where can I obtain a map of the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth?

  • Maps of the R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth can be purchased at our office for a fee of $40.00
  • There are also several maps on this website for your reference at no charge. (Municipal map)

Q: How can I have my name removed from the Property Ownership Map?

  • If you wish to have your name removed from the property ownership map, please contact the administration office.

Q: Is your question not listed?

  • Feel free to call or email us and we'll be happy to assist you.