Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A

Manitoba Property Tax Credit Advance

As a Manitoba resident, part of your rent or property tax is put towards funding schools. With the Manitoba education property tax credit (EPTC), you might be able to claim up to $700 either on your municipal property tax statement or through your income tax return for your contribution to the school system.

  • You can claim this credit if you were a resident of Manitoba at the end of the year and: 
  • You paid rent or property tax on your home in Manitoba during the year 
  • You paid more than $250 in property taxes or rent You were at least 16 years old at the end of the year